Buffalo Bed and Bike is owned and managed by Monica Omodei and Graham Barrow who are joint owners of the property and are the sole members of the Buffalo Bed and Bike business partnership. This booking agreement is made with them and the following terms and conditions apply:
Once your booking has been confirmed and receipted by Buffalo Bed and Bike, cancellations made less than 14 days prior to arrival date will not be eligible for a refund of the deposit. However, if the booking is cancelled and we are able to re-book the property for your dates, we will refund your payment/s less a $100 cancellation fee.
Buffalo Bed and Bike recommends that the Guest takes out comprehensive holiday cancellation and protection insurance with a reputable insurance company to cater for any unforeseen circumstances which may arise including accident, ill health or any other matters beyond the Guest’s reasonable control.
The rental contact is between the Guest and the property owners, Monica Omodei and Graham Barrow, for which the accommodation booking is made and is subject to the terms and conditions herein. The contract for accommodation shall not be effective until the guest receives email confirmation of the booking.
- Deposit The accommodation booking will not be confirmed until the Guest’s deposit payment is received and cleared. If the accommodation booking is made within 14 days of the date of commencement of the Guest’s proposed arrival date, the full rental payable for the Property is required.
- Final Payment The full amount payable in respect of the Property rental shall be paid at least 14 Days prior to the date of commencement of the booking. If the full payment has not been received by the Booking Agent at least 7 days prior to the start of the rental period, then Buffalo Bed and Bike reserve the right to cancel the booking without notice and the Guest will forfeit the Guest’s deposit which will be non-refundable in such circumstances.
- Noise & Neighbours We want you to enjoy your stay but please be aware of the impact of your noise on others and keeping our neighbours happy is important. Noise and music should not impact any other property and noise levels are always to be respectful. There is to be no outdoor music or outdoor entertaining after 10pm. Noise complaints will result in possible eviction.
- Guest’s Obligations in Respect of the Property The Guest shall be responsible for the Property during the Guest’s stay. The Guest shall take all reasonable care of the Property and at the end of the stay shall leave the Property including all utensils, fixtures, fittings and equipment on, in or about the Property in a clean and tidy condition. The Guest shall be liable for any extra cleaning, breakages or damage caused to the Property or any part thereof or any of the chattels therein that may occur during the Guest’s occupation of the Property and all costs for extra cleaning, repair and replacement thereof shall be payable to the Owner. Any such costs shall be invoiced to the Guest within 7 days of departure and non-payment can result in the owners seeking damages through the Local Court.
- Arrival and Departure times The check in time is 2.00pm and departure time is 10.00am unless otherwise arranged. Special arrangements can be made for early check-in and late check-outs if available.
- Cleaning and Linen It is requested that the house, including the BBQ, is left in a clean and tidy condition. In particular the oven and BBQ must be cleaned if used. Fresh linen is supplied, and all beds are made, this includes bathroom and kitchen towels (does not include beach towels). Any property damage or unusual cleaning costs will be invoiced within two days of departure.
- Additional Features The Guest acknowledges that the use of any additional amenities including but not limited to bicycles, toboggans etc, is entirely at the Guest’s risk and the Owner shall not accept any responsibility for any injury, loss or damage to property or any third party arising from the use thereof.
- Guest’s Property All personal belongings, baggage, vehicles and other property of the Guest of any description shall be the risk of the Guest at all times and the Owner accepts any responsibility for any loss or damage thereto.
- Guest Numbers and Functions The Guest may only allow the Property to be occupied by the number of persons nominated in the Guest’s application and under no circumstances shall the number of people occupying the Property be greater than that appearing on the Guest’s application or the booking confirmation, whichever is the lesser. The Booking Agent and Owner reserve the right to refuse occupation of the Property to the Guest if the condition on the number of people intended to occupy the Property is not observed. Shire regulations allow holiday homes to be rented for accommodation purposes only and not as a function venue eg. for a wedding or party. Functions and gatherings are not permitted and, if evidenced, may be closed down immediately and result in the security bond forfeited in full.
- Right to Refuse or Revoke Bookings The Owner reserves the right to revoke or refuse to honour any property accommodation booking which may in their opinion be unsuitable for the Property concerned.
- Booking Confirmation Once a Guest’s booking has been confirmed, the Guest shall be responsible for payment of the total price for the rental period and all extras (if any) as shown on the confirmation notice on or before the date or dates referred to in such notice.
- Representations The Guest acknowledges that the Owners have used their best endeavours to describe the Property to the Guest within the limited extent of the communications between the Guest and the Owners and the maintenance of information and photos on the web site. The Owners shall not be liable to the Guest in any respect should the Guest consider the Property to be unsuitable for any reason whatsoever.
- Description of the Property All information in respect of the Property contained in the Booking Agent’s website is believed to be correct at the time of the publication, however, all details are subject to change by the Owner without notice. The Owners will not accept any responsibility for any alterations to the Property or any liability for any matter or occurrences beyond their reasonable control including damage caused by extreme weather conditions, breakdown of appliances, wiring, plumbing, invasion of pests, or any act or omission on the part of the Owner causing loss, accident or injury to the Guest or any one or more of them.
- Availability of Property The short-term accommodation contract made between the Guest and the Owner is made on the understanding that the Property and its facilities as stated in the booking confirmation will be available as represented to the Guest. Should any events whatsoever arise beyond the reasonable control of the Booking Agent which render the Property uninhabitable (for example flood, fire, storm, tempest, etc) or the property becomes for sale or is sold by the Owner, then the Owners may have to cancel the Guest’s booking for the Property. Should such circumstances arise then the Booking Agent will endeavour to relocate the Guest to a holiday home of a similar standard to the property in the same area. Where this is not possible, the Booking Agent will refund all monies paid by the Guest in respect of the Property. Upon refund of the monies paid, the guest shall have no further claims whatsoever against the Owner of the Property .
- Pet Bookings
- Pets are only permitted with the prior consent of the owners. The booking request should note the number and breeds of dogs accompanying The Guest. The following must be adhered to:
- Pets are to be kept under control at all times.
- Pets must not be left unsupervised or alone at the property at any time. Property neighbours may call the local ranger if the dog is barking.
- The Guest is responsible for any damage caused by pets, inside or outside the property. If extra cleaning is required this will be invoiced after departure.
- Pets are not permitted into bedrooms or on the furniture at any time. Charges will apply for cleaning of furniture/ bedding where applicable.
- Pets that are allowed inside should be cleaned and fully dried off before being allowed to enter the property.
- Guests agree to bring their own pet bedding, food bowls and other pet items to the property.
- Guests must dispose of pet faeces and this is to be done in a clean and sanitary manner.